We will collect data from different sources.
– Panels of 600 households in each country from low-income urban and rural communities, each with at least one member with high blood pressure, followed up over 18 months.
– An embedded micro-costing study among 5 hypertensive individuals in each community.
– Recruitment of 40 people with hypertension per country, with repeat in-depth interviews at recruitment and 12 months.
– Completion of audio/text/video diaries via mobile phone during the interim period describing health-seeking behaviour.
– Focus group discussions in 6 different communities in each country (mix of urban/rural).
Structured assessments of selected health facilities.