This event, held to celebrate Open Access Week 2012, features a variety of speakers talking about all aspects of the open access and open data agendas.
Confirmed speakers are as follows:
- Stephen Curry, Professor of Structural Biology, Imperial College London “Open access after Finch and RCUK”
- Ben Ryan, ESPRC ‘RCUK Policy on Open Access’
- Fred Friend, Honorary Director Scholarly Communication, UCL (session name TBC)
- Melissa Terras, Digital Humanities, UCL: “How to use social media to promote open access research”
- David Carr, Wellcome Trust: “The Wellcome Trust and Open Access/Open Data: a funder’s perspective”
- Antonio Gasparrini, Lecturer in Biostatistics and Epidemiology, LSHTM: “Open access: a researcher’s perspective”
The event is being held at: Room B01, Clore Building, Birkbeck, University of London, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX
Lunch will be provided from 1pm, with a tea break mid-afternoon. The event will finish at 4.30pm. There will also be time at the end of the event for a general discussion and Q&A session. Due to popular demand places have been extended to 100 so book now via the Eventbrite page: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/4488583474
We encourage Twitter usage at the event, using the hashtag #ord12
The event has been jointly organised by representatives of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Birkbeck, University of London, the School of Oriental and African Studies, the London School of Economics and Political Science, and City University London.