“We bring insights from epidemiology, economics, sociology and geography to understand and change the social, environmental and economic system drivers of population health”
We are an interdisciplinary consortium of researchers who study how the neighbourhood environment and the food system influence health. We have developed over the year some areas of research and methodological expertise.
We are interested in the following themes:
- Urban systems and complexity theory
- The impact on food systems on food purchase, nutrition and health
- The Evaluation of obesity-related public health interventions
- The impact of the neighbourhood environment on health
We have a wide range of methodological expertise:
- GIS – spatial methods
- Ethnographic methods
- Analysis of large datasets
- Longitudinal data analysis
Our research is funded by the NIHR, the MRC and Wellcome, amongst others.
Find about our current projects.