Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- Patients aged 18 years and above.
- Written informed consent to participate.
- Patients undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) surgery on Cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) with or without valve surgery.
- Additive European System for Cardiac Operative Risk Evaluation (EuroSCORE) of 5 or higher (higher scores indicating a greater risk of death; 0 indicates minimum risk and ≥6 indicates high risk).
- Pregnant or lactating women.
- Allergy to propofol.
- Previous diagnosis or suspected malignant hyperthermia.
- Patients with a known sensitivity to any of the IMPs or other halogenated anaesthetics.
- Concomitant therapy with Glibenclamide, Allopurinol, Theophylline or Nicorandil (medications that may interfere with remote ischemic preconditioning).
- Inclusion in another clinical trial of an investigational medicinal product within the last 3 months.