The key points are as follows:
- Researchers are responsible for ensuring that all research papers are made available in open access form, either via the green or gold route to open access.
- Authors should check prior to submission that the journal’s open access policies are in line with funders’ and REF open access policies. SHERPA/RoMEO and SHERPA/FACT can be used to check journal open access policies and compliance.
- All research publications should clearly acknowledge funding source(s) and grant/programme number(s).
- All researchers are strongly encouraged to use ORCID IDs in their publications.
- The Library & Archives Service manages open access funds, available on application, for eligible RCUK and COAF-funded authors.
- Research data produced and/or used during research must be cited in research outputs, an an access statement should be included
Questions related to the Open Access Publishing Policy should be directed to the Research Publications Team within the Library & Archives Service (email@example.com).