Temperature issues in the Library
If you’ve used the Library recently you’ll be aware that we are having problems with cold in the main reading room. This is due to a problem with broken radiators which has resulted in them all having to be turned off. The Estates Team have investigated, and due to the nature of the repair work we will have to wait until the summer for this to happen. You may prefer to use the North Courtyard study area, Barnard Room or upstairs group study area during colder periods. We are aware of the inconvenience this is causing you and would like to take this opportunity to apologise.
Using Senate House Library (SHL)
If you’re starting to think about your Summer Projects, now is a good time to join Senate House Library and get familiar with using their resources. Membership provides access to their physical collection, study spaces, and most importantly, their online resources.
- To register, complete the online registration form and then take your School ID card to the SHL reception (take the lift to the 4th floor) to collect your membership card.
- To search for resources use their online catalogue.
- To log in to online resources, your username is your name, and your password is the number printed on your SHL membership card.
Using other libraries
Did you know you can also use other libraries?
- In London, you can access other University of London libraries, e.g. Birkbeck, UCL, SOAS.
- Using the SCONUL Access system, you can access University libraries across the UK – apply online.
- Always check the library website before visiting to find out their visitor opening hours and registration process. If you wish to use online resources, take a USB.
Finding out about the Library and accessing support
We have support materials and information about the library on our Moodle and Service Desk pages.
- Moodle: search for ‘library’ on the Moodle homepage to find the Library & Archives Service.
- Service Desk: select the ‘Library & Archives’ tile from the Service Desk homepage.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Skills Team would like to get your feedback on the ‘Searching the Literature’ classes. If you have attended a class, and didn’t complete a feedback form at the time, please complete this short form:
If you’d like to give feedback on any aspect of the Library services, we have a range of options. You can provide feedback: