in the Library
If you’ve used the Library recently you’ll be aware that we
are having problems with cold in the main reading room. This is due to a
problem with broken radiators which has resulted in them all having to be
turned off. The Estates Team have investigated, and due to the nature of the
repair work we will have to wait until the summer for this to happen. You may
prefer to use the North Courtyard study area, Barnard Room or upstairs group
study area during colder periods. We are aware of the inconvenience this is
causing you and would like to take this opportunity to apologise.
Using Senate House
If you’re starting to think about your Summer Projects, now
is a good time to join Senate House Library and get familiar with using their
resources. Membership provides access to their physical collection, study
spaces, and most importantly, their online resources.
- To register, complete the online registration form and then take your School ID card to the SHL reception (take the lift to the 4th floor) to collect your membership card.
- To search for resources use their online catalogue.
- To log in to online resources, your username is your name, and your password is the number printed on your SHL membership card.
Did you know you can also use other libraries?
- In London, you can access other University of London libraries, e.g. Birkbeck, UCL, SOAS.
- Using the SCONUL Access system, you can access University libraries across the UK – apply online.
- Always check the library website before visiting to find out their visitor opening hours and registration process. If you wish to use online resources, take a USB.
Finding out about
the Library and accessing support
We have support materials and information about the library
on our Moodle and Service Desk pages.
- Moodle: search for ‘library’ on the Moodle homepage to find the Library & Archives Service.
- Service Desk: select the ‘Library & Archives’ tile from the Service Desk homepage.
- Email: email@example.com
The Information Skills Team would like to get your feedback
on the ‘Searching the Literature’ classes. If you have attended a class, and
didn’t complete a feedback form at the time, please complete this short form:
If you’d like to give feedback on any aspect of the Library
services, we have a range of options. You can provide feedback:
- In person at the Library Enquiries Desk
- Through your student representatives
- Using the online feedback form
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling +44 (0)20 7927 2276
- Or via Twitter or Facebook