This Wednesday 5th July is Research Appreciation Day, a new awareness day launched by medical research charities, particularly the Association of Medical Research Charities and MQ Mental Health Research. It is intended to recognise the contributions of researchers in all aspects of health. To celebrate, the Library has a display of books relating to health research and research skills. Come in to have a browse, or take a look at the book list below! Many of the books on the display also have online copies accessible via Discover.
- Murray, Rowena. How to Write a Thesis. 2nd ed. Maidenhead, Berks: Open University Press, 2006. AHAZ 2006.
- Brandt, Caroline. Read, Research and Write: Academic Skills for ESL Students in Higher Education. London;: SAGE, 2009. AHAZ 2009.
- Gabrys, Barbara J., and Jane A. Langdale. How to Succeed as a Scientist: from Postdoc to Professor. Cambridge, UK ;: Cambridge University Press, 2012. AHAZ 2012.
- Flick, Uwe. Introducing Research Methodology: a Beginner’s Guide to Doing a Research Project. Second edition. London: SAGE, 2015. AHAZ 2015
- Boland, Angela, M. G. Cherry, and R. Dickson. Doing a Systematic Review : a Student’s Guide. 2nd edition. Los Angeles: SAGE, 2017. AHAZ 2017
- Bell, Judith, and Stephen Waters. Doing Your Research Project : a Guide for First-Time Researchers. Sixth edition. Maidenhead, Berkshire: Open University Press, 2014. AR.AW 2014.
- Higgins, Julian P. T. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Second edition. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell, 2019. C.AW 2019
- Machin, David, and Michael J Campbell. Design of Studies for Medical Research. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2005. EHB 2005.
- Hulley, Stephen B. et al. Designing Clinical Research. Fourth edition. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013. EHB 2013.
- Ray, Sumatra, and Sue Fitzpatrick. Oxford Handbook of Clinical and Healthcare Research. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016. EHB 2016.
- Polgar, Stephen, and Shane A. Thomas. Introduction to Research in the Health Sciences. Seventh edition. Edinburgh: Elsevier, 2020. EPA 2020.
- Petticrew, Mark, and Helen Roberts. Systematic Reviews in the Social Sciences : a Practical Guide. Oxford: Blackwell, 2006. ZVB.AWB 2006.
- Flick, Uwe. An Introduction to Qualitative Research. 4th ed. Los Angeles: Sage Publications, 2009. ZVB.AWB 2009.
- Bazeley, Patricia. Qualitative Data Analysis: Practical Strategies. London: Sage Publications, 2013. ZVB.AWB 2013.
- Bazeley, Patricia, and Kristi Jackson. Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo. 2nd ed. Los Angeles: SAGE Pubications, 2013. ZVB.AWB 2013.
- Hannes, Karin, and Craig Lockwood. Synthesizing Qualitative Research: Choosing the Right Approach. Chichester: Wiley, 2012. ZVB.AWB 2012.
- Emmel, Nick. Sampling and Choosing Cases in Qualitative Research: a Realist Approach. London: SAGE, 2013. ZVB.AWB 2013
Featured image credit: https://pixabay.com/vectors/medical-health-medicine-hospital-5459633/.